I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here, is an award-winning event where school students (age 9–18) interact with real scientists online. We’re looking for 4 moderators to work on the next event which will run 10th–21st November 2014.
At the same time we’ll also be running I’m a Scientist Ireland, and for the very first time, I’m an Engineer Ireland which will also need moderating.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Moderating live chats between scientists and school students.
- Checking and approving questions.
- Adding appropriate keywords and tags.
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue.
- Checking the site for errors, and inappropriate content and display names.
- Helping to run the site.
It’s a lot of fun as the students (and scientists) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting science engagement is a good thing, right?!
What we’d like from you..
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in science engagement.
- You’ll have great attention to detail and will enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community.
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar.
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes.
Please send a short covering letter and CV ASAP (by Monday 27th October 2014 at the latest), to Josh at email@example.com, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 10th–21st November 2014, Monday–Friday
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08.30–16.00 GMT
- Pay: £8.00/hr (including holiday pay)