Hey, it’s that time again! We’re looking for moderators for our June 2015 event! I’m a Scientist and I’m an Engineer are award-winning online events allowing students (from 9 – 18) to interact with real live scientists. We’re looking for 2 moderators to work on the next event which will run from the 15th June to the 26th June 2015.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- checking and approving questions
- adding appropriate keywords and tags
- logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue
- checking the site for errors and inappropriate content and usernames
- moderating live chats
- helping to run the site
It’s actually a lot of fun as the students (and scientists) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting science engagement is a good thing, am I right?!
What we’d like from you..
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in science engagement.
- You’ll have great attention to detail (THIS IS IMPORTANT)
- You enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community.
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar.
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes.
Extra bonus things we’d like, but aren’t hugely important..
- A sense of humor
- The ability to multitask
- Interested in discussing your lunch
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by Monday 1st June 2015), to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 15th – 26th June (Monday – Friday)
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08.30-16.00 GMT
- Pay: £7.50/hr