I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here, is an award-winning event where school students (age 9–18) interact with real scientists online. We’re looking for 5 moderators to work on the next event which will run 9th – 20th March 2015.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Checking and approving questions.
- Adding appropriate keywords and tags (some understanding of search and filters always a bonus).
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue.
- Checking the site for errors, and inappropriate content and usernames.
- Moderating live chats.
- Keeping track of your live chats and an awareness of what else is going on.
- Taking part in discussions and giving input.
It’s a lot of fun as the students (and scientists) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting science engagement is a good thing, am I right?!
What we’d like from you..
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in science engagement.
- You’ll have great attention to detail and will enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community.
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the “techy stuff” should be fairly familiar.
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes.
- To be always available, ready and eager to take part.
Please send a covering letter and CV ASAP (by Wednesday 18th February 2015 at the latest), to Emily at email@example.com, telling me why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 9th–20th March, Monday–Friday
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08.30–16.00 GMT
- Pay: £7.50/hr