We’re looking for two moderators to work with us on our November 2017 events!
The events will run from the 6th to the 17th November 2017; I’m a Scientist UK and Ireland, I’m an Engineer UK and I’m a Medic.
First rule of moderator club… This is a paid, 10 day job.
If you aren’t free from 8:30 – 4:30pm on all 10 days, please don’t apply.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Checking and approving questions
- Adding appropriate keywords
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue
- Checking the site for errors and inappropriate content and usernames
- Moderating live chats
- Helping to run the site
It’s actually a lot of fun as the students (and scientists) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting science engagement is a good thing, am I right?!
What we’d like from you..
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in science engagement.
- You’ll have great attention to detail (THIS IS IMPORTANT)
- You enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community.
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar.
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes.
Extra bonus things we’d like, but aren’t hugely important..
- A sense of humor
- The ability to multitask
- Are DBS checked on the update system
- Openness in discussing your lunch
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by 10am Monday 23rd October 2017), to Michaela at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 6th – 17th November (Monday – Friday) with Skype training on Thursday 2nd November from 11:00-12:00
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08.30-16.30 GMT
- Pay: £8/hr
You don’t need to..
Phone us because that’s what your careers officer said you should do.
Send a CV comprising more than 2 pages, with font smaller than 10pt or 2mm margins.