The Drug Discovery Zone was a themed zone supported by Wellcome. It featured six scientists:
- Sebastian Cosgrove, who uses flow chemistry and enzymes to better control chemical reactions.
- Padhmanand Sudhakar, a computational biologist who engages with policy makers and politicians.
- Lee Steinberg, the winner of the Drug Discovery Zone, uses supercomputers to design new drugs and predict how they will behave.
- Jennifer Harris, who helps scientists discover and develop new treatments for patients.
- Fiona Scott, who makes new molecules in an effort to help cure cancer.
- Eleanor Senior, who tests the behaviour of cow parasites in order to locate genes for further testing.