The Lawrencium Zone was a general science zone supported by Wellcome. In the zone were six scientists:
- Srinath Kasturirangan, a genetic engineer who builds Frankenstein molecules in an attempt to cure cancer.
- Natasha Dowey, a volcanologist and geoscientist who uses knowledge of tectonic plates to understand where oil and gas can be found.
- Nana Odom, a clinical engineer who works as a healthcare scientist in a hospital.
- Marialuisa Crosatti, a microbiologist working as a technician in a university.
- Gautam Kambhampati, a PhD student interested in using lasers to build a quantum computer.
- Alexander Allen, the winner of the Lawrencium Zone, is a PhD student interested in nanoscience.