The Organs Zone was a themed zone for primary schools, supported by Wellcome. There were six scientists taking part in the zone:
- Rebecca Gosling is a heart doctor trying to prevent heart attacks with computer programs.
- Raashid Ali is a clinical scientist who works with doctors and nurses to support patients’ organs.
- Matthew Smith, the winner of the Organs Zone, is a cancer researcher trying to understand the disease of pancreatic cancer.
- Marie Cameron is a Lecturer, biomedical scientist and health service researcher.
- Hanna Jeffery is a clinical scientist at the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board.
- Gareth Nye is a scientist understanding problems during pregnancy.