The Seaborgium Zone was a general science zone supported by the Science & Technology Facilities Council. In the zone were six scientists:
- Verity Fryer, a clinical scientist who analyses DNA in a hospital.
- Sergio Adan Bermudez, a PhD student who uses lasers to research potential cancer cures.
- Nick Werren, an STFC-funded PhD student and the winner of this zone, is a physicist who specialises in quantum biology.
- Maria Walach, a physicist who studies the Earth’s magnetic field.
- David Whitworth, an STFC-funded PhD student who studies dwarf galaxies.
- Annette Raffan, a research technician who studies soil around plant roots and used Diamond Light Source for research.