The Water Zone was a themed zone supported by Wellcome. In the zone were six scientists:
- Silvia Imberti, who use neutrons to look at hydrogen bonds in liquids.
- Scott Graham, who is currently working as a microbiologist in an animal disease laboratory following a role with Scottish Water.
- Oliver Andrews, a lecturer who uses computers to investigate how global warming changes the oceans and marine life.
- Natalie Lamb, a PhD scientist researching how to treat drinking water better.
- Michelle Valkanas, who studies bioremediation and how can we use biological organisms to clean up the environment.
- Lowri Evans, the winner of the zone, is a marine biologist interested in fisheries and Marine Protected Areas.