Read the report: Electromagnetic Zone Report – March 2020 [PDF]The Electromagnetic Zone was a themed zone funded by STFC. It featured six scientists:
- Megan Maunder is an STFC funded Space Weather Scientist, whose work allows scientists to better forecast how the weather in space will impact the earth.
- Katherine Graves is a PhD student who turns plastic into useful carbon nanotubes, and uses electromagnetic radiation data from STFC facilities to see whether they have formed correctly.
- Jesse Dykes is an Optical Scientist at Qinetiq who uses lasers to see through clouds and fog and communicate with satellites.
- Dave Constable, the winner of this zone, studies the aurora on Jupiter and Saturn using computer simulations and is funded by STFC.
- Amelia Edwards is a PhD student based at CERN, working on the design and testing of components for future particle accelerators.
- Arjuna James is a PhD student funded by STFC studying the atmospheres of Uranus and Neptune.