Read the report: Flerovium Zone Report – March 2020 [PDF]The Flerovium Zone was a general zone supported by STFC. It featured six scientists:
- Tom Dally is a Postdoctoral Researcher using sound and radar to identify and track insect numbers and uses data from STFC facilities.
- Rebecca Wong is a Safety Case Consultant at Wood plc, an STFC partner company, assessing hazards on nuclear sites.
- Emily Goddard is a PhD student investigating how to use salt to make heating your home greener and cheaper and uses data from STFC facilities.
- Elspeth Keating is a Research Fellow in lightweight materials and manufacturing and uses data from STFC facilities.
- Ben Cropper, the winner of the Flerovium Zone, is a PhD student funded by STFC studying particle physics.
- Antoine Bourget is a Theoretical Physicist at Imperial College London funded by STFC, who is trying to understand how the world works at a fundamental level.