We’re looking for a moderator to work with us from our offices in Bath on our March 2020 activities.
I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here and I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here are online STEM enrichment activities for schools students in the UK and Ireland, where students of all abilities aged 8-18 can ask scientists their questions in text-based live chats, and get to know what real scientists are like.
- Dates: 2nd – 27th March (Mon – Fri)
- Hours: 37.5/week, 09:00—17:00 GMT
- Location: 7-9 North Parade Buildings, Bath
Please note: Our office is located on the second floor of a building which only has stairs.
- Pay (inc. holiday pay in lieu):
– If not DBS checked: £9/hr (and we will pay for your DBS check)
– If DBS checked and on the update service: £9.50/hr
- Application deadline: Wednesday 12th February
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Approving questions and adding appropriate keywords
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue
- Checking the site for inappropriate content
- Moderating live chats
- Helping to run the site
- Helping to report on zone activity
- Publishing blog posts to the site with updates
What we’d like from you…
- You should be bright, thoughtful, able to pick stuff up easily
- You’ll have great attention to detail (THIS IS IMPORTANT)
- You are capable and confident online, perhaps have experience in an online community
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar
- Are DBS checked on the update service — see details on the GOV.UK website – or, we are able to perform a DBS check on you should your application be successful
Apply for the role
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by 1pm Wednesday 12th February 2020), to Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.