We’re looking for online moderators to work with us on our March 2020 activities.
I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here and I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here are online STEM enrichment activities for schools students in the UK and Ireland, where students of all abilities aged 8-18 can ask scientists their questions in text-based live chats, and get to know what real scientists are like.
I’m a Scientist UK will run from the 9th – 20th March 2020.
First rule of moderator club… This is a paid, 10 day job, working from home.
You need to be free from 8:30—4:30pm on all 10 days from 9th – 20th March.
- Dates: 9th – 20th March (Mon – Fri) with Skype training on Thursday 5th March from 11:00 – 12:00
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08:30—16:30 GMT (flexible)
– If not DBS checked: £9/hr (and we will pay for your DBS check)
– If DBS checked and on the update service: £9.50/hr
- Application deadline: 10am Friday 21st February
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Checking and approving questions
- Adding appropriate keywords
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue
- Checking the site for inappropriate content
- Moderating live chats
- Helping to run the site
It’s actually a lot of fun as the students (and experts) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting STEM engagement is a good thing, am I right?!
What we’d like from you…
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in STEM engagement
- You’ll have great attention to detail (THIS IS IMPORTANT)
- You enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes
- You need to be able to be flexible around the hours specified, as we also run evening live chats twice during the two weeks
- Are DBS checked on the update service — see details on the GOV.UK website – or, we are able to perform a DBS check on you should your application be successful
Extra bonus things we’d like, but aren’t hugely important…
- A sense of humor
- The ability to multitask
- Openness in discussing your lunch
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by 10am Friday 21st February 2020), to Jen at email@example.com, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.