Hi again! It’s us again! It’s that time again! We’re looking for a couple of moderators for our March 2016 events! I’m a Scientist and I’m an Engineer are award-winning online events allowing students (from 9 – 18) to interact with real live scientists and engineers. We’re looking for 3 moderators to work on the next event which will run from the 7th to the 18th March 2016. We will also be running I’m an Engineer Ireland and I’m an Astronaut (which is very cool).
Your key responsibilities will be:
- checking and approving questions
- adding appropriate keywords and tags
- logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue
- checking the site for errors and inappropriate content and usernames
- moderating live chats
- helping to run the site
It’s actually a lot of fun as the students (and scientists) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting science engagement is a good thing, am I right?!
What we’d like from you..
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in science engagement.
- You’ll have great attention to detail (THIS IS IMPORTANT)
- You enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community.
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar.
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes.
Extra bonus things we’d like, but aren’t hugely important..
- A sense of humor
- The ability to multitask
- Interested in discussing your lunch
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by Monday 23rd February 2016), to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 7th – 18th March (Monday – Friday)
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08.30-16.00 GMT
- Pay: £8/hr
You don’t need to..
Phone us because that’s what your careers officer said you should do.
Send a CV comprising more than 2 pages, with font smaller than 10pt or 2mm margins.