We’ve put together some useful materials and information about I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here.
You are welcome to use these materials to promote the activity on social media, emails, newsletters, pamphlets, town criers, anything you like really!
If what you need isn’t here, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01225 667922.
🔗 Connect with us on LinkedIn
🔻 Jump to…
📢 Promotional copy
For Scientists — Long version
I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here is an outreach activity engaging school students with people working in STEM. Students can Ask questions, connect with scientists through live Chats, and Vote for their favourite scientist to win £500 to put towards further outreach. By taking part, you can:
- Help school students learn more about science, and who it’s for.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Gain experience of public engagement in an easy and enjoyable way.
It all happens online. It’s flexible – take part from the office or home, at times that suit you.
Find out more and sign up to take part at https://imascientist.org.uk/scientists
For Scientists — Short version
Take part in enjoyable and flexible STEM outreach at times that suit you!
Engage school students with your work and improve your communication skills with I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here.
Find out more and sign up at https://imascientist.org.uk/scientists
For Teachers — Long version
Engage your classes with science through I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here. Connect your students with working scientists from a diverse range of backgrounds and specialisms.
By taking part students can:
- Ask working scientists their questions.
- Connect with them through live text-only Chats
- Vote for their favourite scientist to win £500!
There are loads of benefits to taking part. Students can:
- Gain confidence by asking questions.
- Learn more about science outside of the classroom.
- Meet working scientists and discover career paths they may have never considered.
- See science as something that’s ‘for them’.
Find out more and get your students involved at https://imascientist.org.uk/teachers
For Teachers — Short version
Teachers – connect your students with working scientists!
Help them see science at work outside the classroom with I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here.
Find out more and sign your classes up at https://imascientist.org.uk/teachers
These photos are on a Creative Commons attribution license. You are free to use them for whatever you want, but please credit I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here (or the shorter version I’m a Scientist).
🎞️ Introductory video