The Particles Zone was a themed zone supported by the Science & Technology Facilities Council and NCOP schools. It featured six scientists:
- Savannah Clawson, the winner of this zone, studies what happens when we smash particles of light together, using the ATLAS detector and LHC at CERN.
- Philippe Gambron uses computers to work out what happened during the first moments of the Universe.
- Lucy Budge is researching what happens when particles are smashed into each other at very high speeds.
- Joanna Huang is a PhD student learning about particles and the fundamental laws of the universe.
- Harrison Prosper tries to make sense of nature by colliding protons at the Large Hadron Collider.
- Edoardo Vescovi is a theoretical physicst developing mathmatical models to measure the forces between particles.