Read the report: Energy Zone Report – March 2020 [PDF]The Energy Zone was a themed zone supported by the Royal Society of Chemistry. It featured five scientists:
- Struan Simpson is a PhD Student making materials that help quantum computers remember things.
- Isabel Cooley is a PhD Student who uses computer models to help design energy saving materials.
- Douglas Bray, the winner of the Energy Zone, is a PhD student using Water Hyacinth to make protein for animal food and gas so villagers can cook.
- David Threlfall is a Lifecycle Engineer at Rolls Royce, ensuring aeroplane engines work safely and reliably.
- Charlotte Hoskin is a PhD Student making a biological battery to act as an artificial retina.