I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here is an award-winning online event allowing teenagers to interact with real live scientists. We’re looking for 4 moderators to work on the next event which will run from the 11th to the 22nd of March 2013. We will also be running a zone in I’m an Engineer at the same time, which will also need moderating.
Your key responsibilities will be will be:
- hosting/moderating live chats
- approving questions
- checking the site for errors and inappropriate content
- helping to run the site
It’s actually a lot of fun as the students (and scientists) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting science engagement is a good thing.
What we’d like from you..
- You should be bright, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in science engagement.
- You’ll have great attention to detail and will enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community.
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar.
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes.
If you’re in the Bath region though, we’d love for you to come in and work in the office, so we can groom you into one of us.
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by Friday 2nd March), to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 11th – 22nd March (Monday – Friday)
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08.30-16.00 GMT
- Pay: £7.50/hr
Thank you to everyone who applied! We’ve now found our team of moderators. We’ll be looking for more moderators for our next event, which we’ll advertise again here, so check back in a few months.