I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here, is an award-winning event where school students (age 9–18) interact with real scientists online. We’re looking for 5 moderators to work on the next event which will run 16th–27th June 2014.
At the same time we’ll also be running I’m an Engineer, and for the very first time, I’m a Geoscientist which will also need moderating.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Checking and approving questions.
- Adding appropriate keywords and tags.
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue.
- Checking the site for errors, and inappropriate content and usernames.
- Moderating live chats.
- Helping to run the site.
It’s a lot of fun as the students (and scientists) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting science engagement is a good thing, am I right?!
What we’d like from you..
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in science engagement.
- You’ll have great attention to detail and will enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community.
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar.
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes.
Please send a covering letter and CV ASAP (by Tuesday 27th May 2014 at the latest), to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 16th–27th June, Monday–Friday
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08.30–16.00 GMT
- Pay: £7.50/hr