The Bohrium Zone was a general zone supported by Wellcome. It featured six scientists:
- Rob Ives, winner of the zone, is an in-vivo scientist creating better tasting medicines for children.
- Imad Ouachan is developing new materials to protect offshore wind turbines blades from impacts.
- Fern Johnson is a trainee clinical scientist in bioinformatics, working in the genetics department of a hospital.
- Christian Gude makes plastics from waste gases using genetically engineered bacteria.
- Carol Wallace is a research technician working in an immunology lab that specialises in fungal disease.
- A sixth scientist unfortunately had to drop out at short notice.