The Crystallography Zone was a themed zone supported by the Science & Technology Facilities Council and it featured six scientists:
- William Glass is a PhD student at the University of Oxford where he is using computers to simulate proteins
- Rebecca Roddan is studying for a PhD, looking at an enzyme with the aim of making new drugs
- Martyna Pastok is a Postdoctoral Research Associate working at Newcastle University where she is trying to understand how molecules regulate cell division
- Callum McHugh, the zone winner, is a senior lecturer in chemistry and makes organic crystals to work out what their structure is
- Alice Loasby works at the University of Bristol performing protein purifications, assays and crystal tray setups
- Adam Berlie is an instrument scientist at ISIS Neutron and Muon Source, STFC, and works with muons
In this zone students asked mainly about career advice, questions to get to know the scientists a little better and more general science topics. Where questions were linked to the zone theme, they were often asking what crystallography actually was, or questions focused on crystals.