We’re looking for a moderator to work with us on our June 2019 events.
I’m a Scientist and I’m an Engineer will run from the 10th to the 21st June 2019.
First rule of moderator club… This is a paid, 10 day job.
If you aren’t free from 8:30–4:30pm on all 10 days, please don’t apply.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Checking and approving questions
- Adding appropriate keywords
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue
- Checking the site for inappropriate content
- Moderating live chats
- Helping to run the site
It’s actually a lot of fun as the students (and experts) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting STEM engagement is a good thing, am I right?!
What we’d like from you…
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in STEM engagement
- You’ll have great attention to detail (THIS IS IMPORTANT)
- You enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes
- Are DBS checked on the update service — see details on the GOV.UK website – or, we are able to perform a DBS check on you should your application be successful
Extra bonus things we’d like, but aren’t hugely important…
- A sense of humor
- The ability to multitask
- Openness in discussing your lunch
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by 10am Friday 24th May 2019), to Michaela at email@example.com, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 10th – 21st June (Mon – Fri) with Skype training on Thursday 6th February from 11:00 – 12:00
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08:30—16:30 GMT
– If not DBS checked: £9/hr (and we will pay for your DBS check)
– If DBS checked and on the update service: £9.50/hr