The Perception Zone was a themed zone for sixth form students, supported by the British Psychological Society. There were six psychologists in the zone:
- Vassilis Sideropoulos, the zone winner, is a laboratory technician looking at how the brain saves information and solves problems.
- Tirso Gonzalez Alam uses MRI machines to scan the brain and work out which parts are responsible for which actions.
- Matthew Longo is a professor of cognitive neuroscience who is studying how we perceive and experience our body.
- Jane Aspell is a senior lecturer in cognitive neuroscience who looks at how the brain experiences body illusions.
- Dawn Rose researches the link being music and wellbeing, particularly in people with Parkinson’s.
- Alexandra Quigley is a psychologist for the NHS helping people who are experiencing pain.