Read the report: Big Data Zone Report – November 2019 [PDF]The Big Data Zone was a themed zone supported by the Institute of Physics. It featured five scientists:
- Sreejita Ghosh is a PhD student developing a machine learning program which can identify rare diseases of the adrenal gland.
- Sam Lawrence is a space scientist looking at patterns of galaxies to try and understand the physical laws that govern the universe.
- Kate Winfield is an environmental data scientist archiving and preserving data from weather reports.
- Anastasia Aliferi is a PhD student in forensic genetics, working on methods to find out how old someone is by looking at drops of their blood.
- Adam Wootton is teaching AI systems to search through data and find damage, in order to repair roads and bridges.