Read the report: Darmstadtium Zone Report – November 2019 [PDF]The Darmstadtium Zone was a themed zone supported by Wellcome. It featured six scientists:
- Simon Brown is a technician at University of Bath chemistry department.
- Selen Ozbek is a psychologist, investigating how blindness affects the circadian rhythm of veterans and army personnel.
- Paul Laurance-Young, the winner in this Zone, is a biomedical scientist in cellular pathology.
- Nawapat Kaweeyanun is a space physicist looking at Jupiter’s largest moon, Ganymede, preparing for a mission to find out if it once hosted life.
- Natalie Fowler is a clinical scientist working at a hospital, ensuring the correct machines are being used and are working properly for the sickest patients.
- Katy Bruce is a PhD student in Forensic Chemistry, looking at whether traces of makeup at a crime scene could be used as reliable sources of evidence.