Read the report: Electromagnetic Zone Report – November 2019 [PDF]The Electromagnetic Zone was a themed zone supported by the Science and Technology Facilities Council. It featured six scientists:
- Sameed Muhammed is a research scientist at CERN, studying how matter and antimatter interact with each other.
- Jose Brandao-Neto works at Diamond Light Source helping researchers discover new medicinal drugs using X-rays.
- Joanna Barstow, the winner of this zone, uses data from spacecraft cameras to investigate the atmospheres of planets and exoplanets.
- Heidi Thiemann is an STFC funded PhD student researching how variable stars change over time.
- Freya Addison is a PhD student at the National Centre for Atmospheric Science using radar data to study clouds and insects.
- Chris Rink is a masters student whose group uses ISIS and Diamond to study new magnetic compounds.