Read the report: Nihonium Zone Report – March 2020 [PDF]The Nihonium Zone was a themed zone supported by Wellcome. It featured six scientists:
- Pan-ngum Wirichada predicts how disease spreads and how we may be able to stop or slow it down using mathematical models.
- Natalia Brodaczewska sets up and analyses genetic tests looking for changes in the DNA of cancer patients.
- Mick Schubert, the winner of this zone, is a science writer and editor, turning complicated science into ways everyone can understand.
- Manjit Kaur is a Dermatologist at the University of Birmingham.
- Filipe Richheimer is a PhD student measuring very small objects.
- Bruce Saleeb-Mousa is a PhD student designing, making and testing tiny devices that can change the direction of the path of a light beam.