Read the report: Space Zone Report – March 2020 [PDF]The Space Zone was a themed zone funded by STFC. It featured six scientists:
- Samantha Faircloth is a PhD student studying elements from moon rocks, funded by STFC.
- Sam Frampton is an STFC funded PhD student designing new, smaller satellites to visit and study other planets in our solar system.
- Nicol Caplin is a Science Coordinator at ESA helping to plan experiments ready to go to space on the International Space Station.
- Lori-Ann Foley is a PhD student looking at how climate change affects Mars, using data from RAL Space instruments.
- Liam Perera is an STFC funded PhD student looking at how life may survive on Saturn’s icy moon- Enceladus.
- David Sobral, winner of the Space Zone, uses microscopes to research how galaxies formed and evolved from the primitive universe, funded by STFC.