- 31 scientists took part. They included:
- Kate Dobson – singing volcanologist and engineer, University of Strathclyde
- Zahara Mortimer – research engineer, Deep Branch Biotechnology Ltd. and University of Nottingham
- Alex Ramadan – Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Oxford
- 746 students from 21 schools logged into the Zone.
- 72% of active students were from target schools: 38% from widening participation schools and 59% from underserved schools.
Live Chats and Questions
- 40 live Chats took place took place during the activity.
- 55 live Chats were booked, but dropout was higher than usual with 12 cancellations and 3 ‘school no shows’.
- On average, 5 scientists attended each live Chat session.
- 2 teachers typed questions in a live Chat on behalf of their students, so the number of students engaged may be higher by up to 50.
- 179 student questions were sent to scientists, who responded with 280 answers.