The Influence Zone was a themed zone supported by The British Psychological Society and included six psychologists:
- Laura Fisk is a clinical psychologist at a GP surgery helping people with their mental health problems.
- Kathryn Atherton uses research on human behaviour to come up with solutions to problems in society.
- Ian Cookson’s research looks at how we can understand transport choices, particularly cycling, using the social identity approach.
- Chris Fullwood is studying how people communicate and manage impressions in the online world.
- Bogdana Huma teaches social psychology, with a focus on social influence and persuasion in real-life sales encounters.
- Alex Lloyd, the winning psychologist, is trying to answer questions about when and why teenagers take risks.