Read the report: Microbe Zone Report – November 2019 [PDF]The Microbe Zone was a themed zone supported by the Microbiology Society. It featured six scientists:
- Tom Snelling is a research scientist studying cells in the body that fight back against germs.
- Steven Rudder uses DNA sequencing to detect and explore genomes of bacteria inside humans and animals, to understand what makes us ill.
- Jessica Mitchell is a post-doctoral researcher looking at ways people in poorer countries, without access to doctors, take care of their health.
- Haafizah Hoosen is a PhD student investigating parasites and how we can stop them making us sick.
- Clio Andreae is a senior scientist working within an infection team to help accelerate the development and testing of new antimicrobial compounds and vaccines.
- Bruno Silvester, the winner in this zone, is a research scientist germs that cannot be killed by medicines.