Read the report: Molecule Zone Report – March 2020 [PDF]The Molecule Zone was a themed zone supported by ScotCHEM. It featured six scientists:
- Zahra Rattray, from University of Strathclyde, is researching about how to develop new chemotherapy medicines
- Peter Brown is a PhD student at University of St Andrews, working on building more efficient and durable solar panels to combat climate change
- Mairi Littleson is a Medicinal Chemist at University of Dundee, researching how to make new molecules that could be used as medicine
- Elliott Reedy is a PhD student at University of Edinburgh, studying various molecules that are thought to be present in gas clouds and dust between stars.
- Danica Pinto, the zone winner from Heriot-Watt University, uses spectroscopy to study molecules.
- Ane Valera, from University of Aberdeen, makes changes to bugs’ DNA to produce a material for car windscreens.